View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 30th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Add BDN support request. 

Post Add BDN support request.
Hello Zach,

I happened to visit your site a few months ago, while searching for a SUP renderer for Avisynth. Since then I have used your plugin without any major issues.
I have just one request, though: I use to add subtitles to my movies, but most of the times I have to resynch them. As of today I need to create a SUP file our of a BDN (XML+PNG) set of files in order to check them with Avisynth using your plugin.
Since most of the work is already done (I mean, you already get TCIn, TCOut, X and Y position and the PNGs out of the SUP file) why don't you add support for the BDN files ? I think that such a feature would make your software complete.

Thank you for what you've done so far.

Silver//

March 24th, 2010, 1:05 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Add BDN support request.
I do quite a lot of SUP file editing too before I hardcode them into my encodes.
I use 0xdeadbeef's BDSup2Sub.jar to do most of the format conversions.
This is what I usually do:

1) BDSup2Sub.jar --> convert SUP to BDN(XML/PNG)
2) Paint.NET --> post process the PNG files (I do drop shadows most of the time)
3) BDSup2Sub.jar --> convert it back to SUP

What you need is step 3. Simply open your xml file and it'll load all the PNG files. From there, you could export it to a SUP file and open it using SupTitle.

March 24th, 2010, 3:00 pm

Zach,

This is exactly what I am doing right now. The reason I've suggested the new feature is just to avoid the hassle to recompile the BDN to a SUP file every time I need to modify it.
I add subtitles to movies or cartoons for a couple of hearing unpaired children. I found out that placing the subtitles close to the speaking character helps them to understand who's saying what (similar to comics).
So most of the times I have to change X and Y several times before getting a good result. Having to recomplile the BDN every time slows me down very much. I guess that being able to feed the BDN straight into Avisynth would save me a lot of time.

Still I understand that you have provided us with this plugin for free. I'm grateful for this and I do not mean to push you in any way.
I just thought that since most of the code to display the subtitles is already there, adding the XML+PNG parsing feature would not take that long...

Thank you for everything, Zach.
SIlver//

March 24th, 2010, 8:30 pm
Site Admin

I think what you need is a subtitle editor software that can overlay the subs on top of the video, and allow you to move the subs around visually.
I'm hesitant to add features that would not be obviously useful to what SupTitle is supposed to do, or implement a feature for a special use case.

March 25th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Ok! :) Fine with me!

Keep the good work up, mate.
Silver//

March 26th, 2010, 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]