View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 30th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 OCR and License questions 

Post OCR and License questions
So I have played with supTitle and it seems pretty solid, so I have 2 questions.

1. Does SupTitle OCR the images before it burns them onto the video or does it burn the image onto of the video directly. Most tools use OCR so this is why I ask.

2. Would you consider changing you license slightly. You have a Not to be redistributed, on your web site. This means that other applications lie RipBot264 can't really use it. Personally I think it would be very cool if ripbot and other programs could use it. If not any reason you would not be willing?

February 4th, 2010, 3:04 am
Site Admin

Post Re: OCR and License questions
1) No OCR, the SUP PGS format simply contains bitmaps. Suptitle simply blends it on top of the video frame.

2) No reason. I wouldn't mind letting anyone re-distribute it so long as they have a link back to my page for any updates and make it clear that all problems should first be directed to RipBot, until it's confirmed to be a Suptitle problem - I just don't want the hassle of supporting a third party software.

February 4th, 2010, 7:03 pm

So what I am trying to do is to convince the author of Ripbot264 to possible use this as an option for burned in subtitles. I think ripbot264 is the best tool out there for converting blu-rays. Of course, subtitles are the bane of my existence and I have been playing with suptitle, especially for forced subtitle.

So Atak_Snajpera the Ripbot author has looked at suptitles. He said the major problem is that it does not re sample the subtitles

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p ... ost1371385

I have been unable to fix the problem he discovered. I was wondering if I missed the setting, or is this missing. If so would it be a possible feature for a future version?

Pinger

P.S. I am an software developer,mostly c# these days, but I can still hit the c++, so if you wanted some help, I might be able to help out some.. PM me.

February 9th, 2010, 4:55 am
Site Admin

Resampling? I didn't think that would be necessary at all - BluRay's source is 1080p, hence with Suptitle rendered on top of that, you would never need to resample the subtitle. You'd only resample the whole frame, including the overlayed subtitles. I could see that if the source renderer resizes the frame implicitly, then there'd be a need to resize the subtitle accordingly. I don't really like the idea of having the source renderer resampling it though. The whole point of AviSynth is such that you could insert post processing to any source at any point of the rendering chain. Rendering + Resampling breaks that model.

February 9th, 2010, 8:48 pm

I think his point is when you convert 1080P to a lower resolution. I am guessing ripbot recodes the video first, then burns in the subtitles.

So, if I am reading you correctly, you would burn in the subtitles first, then re-size the video?

February 12th, 2010, 2:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]