View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2017, 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Will there be a SupTitle for 4K HDR UHD? 

Post Will there be a SupTitle for 4K HDR UHD?
Dear SupTitle Plugin Team,

Will there ever be a SupTitle4K variant?
And if so when can we expect that to happen?
Because 4K is already long here but SupTitle can't handle 4K PGS if I am correct.

If you know of a 4K PGS SupTitle equivalent that burn's in 4K PGS...PLEASE let me know.

Many Thanks,

Pieter Cooijmans

September 12th, 2017, 3:35 am

Post Re: Will there be a SupTitle for 4K HDR UHD?
Btw it's VERY easy to make 4K SupTitles, all you need to do is open BDSup2Sub++ and upscale a 2K to a 4K and done. Even works for IDX/SUB apparently. But I am looking for PGS. It works fine with the old VobSub plugin but then again IDX/SUB has a HUGE number of disadvantages I don't want to deal with. Oh and before I forget MKVExtract extracts 4K SUP just fine. MKVToolNix version 14+ even extracts an m2ts 4K blu-ray file just fine. But that's not what I am after. I just want to make my own family videos with hardcoded 4K SUP. Bit of a hobby you see.

You can download BDSup2Sub 4K here:
http://www.snelrennen.nl/forum/bewerken-van-ondertitelingen/bdsup2sub-updaten-naar-bdsup2sub-4k/msg8521/#msg8521

If you need movies to test this on for your coding:
These 6 are the once I tested so far that work fine with extracting 4K SUP:
1. Inferno (best test case cuz it's full screen)
2. La La Land
3. Passengers
4. Patriots Day
5. The Huntsman: Winter's War (Extended Edition)
6. The Smurfs 2

And btw, Chromecast Ultra can NOT play 4K FULLSCREEN. One of the things I found out the hard way. It kinda works fine till vbr 25000kbps, 40000kbps Maxbitrate and 160000kbps vbv-bufsize. You can test this yourself by making a reencode of inferno if you like at these settings. I bet you 10 dollars it won't play smooth at the scene at the start where Tom Hanks is in the fake hospital. It can only handle 3820x1600something max.

Many Thanks again, looking forward to your reply with hope.

Pieter Cooijmans

PS: I have been waiting for more than 2 years now for a solutions to this problem and NO ONE seems to be able to have any. So you are kind of my last hope.

September 12th, 2017, 3:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]